A message from our CEO about the future of Stack Overflow and Stack Exchange. Read now.
2 added 514 characters in body
source | link

The issue is now reported on GitHub. I found out that there are multiple issues when working with the DXA Model Service together with DD4T. There is an issue related to keywords and there seems also to be an issue with the DD4T.Providers.DxaModelService package, when retrieving Component Presentations with the methods: ComponentPresentationFactory.GetComponentPresentation (throws an error) and ComponentPresentationFactory.GetComponentPresentations (most of the fields are null).

Because of all the articles about the possibility to use the Model Service together with DD4T and the fact that it is supported by SDL I thought it would be a good approach. Now it seems to me that I am the first one ever using this approach on a 'real' project and there is still some work to do.

Since we are at the beginning of our project and facing these kind of issues we decided to stop using this approach en go for the approach DD4T together with the Content Service by using the DD4T.Providers.SDLWeb8.5.CIL package instead of using DD4T.Providers.DxaModelService.

The reason I choose for the DD4T + DXA Model Service approach is mostly because of this article. I was charmed by the promised performance gain. I also share the vision that I prefer a Framework (DD4T) over an customizable webapplication (which DXA is at this moment). When DXA Core is there (the framework) I will surely migrate the application.

The issue is now reported on GitHub. I found out that there are multiple issues when working with the DXA Model Service together with DD4T. There is an issue related to keywords and there seems also to be an issue with the DD4T.Providers.DxaModelService package, when retrieving Component Presentations with the methods: ComponentPresentationFactory.GetComponentPresentation (throws an error) and ComponentPresentationFactory.GetComponentPresentations (most of the fields are null).

Because of all the articles about the possibility to use the Model Service together with DD4T and the fact that it is supported by SDL I thought it would be a good approach. Now it seems to me that I am the first one ever using this approach on a 'real' project and there is still some work to do.

Since we are at the beginning of our project and facing these kind of issues we decided to stop using this approach en go for the Content Service approach.

The issue is now reported on GitHub. I found out that there are multiple issues when working with the DXA Model Service together with DD4T. There is an issue related to keywords and there seems also to be an issue with the DD4T.Providers.DxaModelService package, when retrieving Component Presentations with the methods: ComponentPresentationFactory.GetComponentPresentation (throws an error) and ComponentPresentationFactory.GetComponentPresentations (most of the fields are null).

Because of all the articles about the possibility to use the Model Service together with DD4T and the fact that it is supported by SDL I thought it would be a good approach. Now it seems to me that I am the first one ever using this approach on a 'real' project and there is still some work to do.

Since we are at the beginning of our project and facing these kind of issues we decided to stop using this approach en go for the approach DD4T together with the Content Service by using the DD4T.Providers.SDLWeb8.5.CIL package instead of using DD4T.Providers.DxaModelService.

The reason I choose for the DD4T + DXA Model Service approach is mostly because of this article. I was charmed by the promised performance gain. I also share the vision that I prefer a Framework (DD4T) over an customizable webapplication (which DXA is at this moment). When DXA Core is there (the framework) I will surely migrate the application.

1
source | link

The issue is now reported on GitHub. I found out that there are multiple issues when working with the DXA Model Service together with DD4T. There is an issue related to keywords and there seems also to be an issue with the DD4T.Providers.DxaModelService package, when retrieving Component Presentations with the methods: ComponentPresentationFactory.GetComponentPresentation (throws an error) and ComponentPresentationFactory.GetComponentPresentations (most of the fields are null).

Because of all the articles about the possibility to use the Model Service together with DD4T and the fact that it is supported by SDL I thought it would be a good approach. Now it seems to me that I am the first one ever using this approach on a 'real' project and there is still some work to do.

Since we are at the beginning of our project and facing these kind of issues we decided to stop using this approach en go for the Content Service approach.