For Experience Manager, it looks like I can control:
- Which pages an editor can make (with permissions on the containing Experience Manager Page Type)
- Where they can make pages (with permissions as well)
- Which new Content Types are allowed for each Page Template for a given Publication
However, I can still see the full list of Page Types. (see edit, persmissions work)
- Would extending the Page Type list be the right approach to hide page types for certain users (groups)?
- How might we limit the visible Page Types when on a certain page?
The scenario might be: "as a user viewing a page in the
About Us section (Structure Group), only let me select certain (XPM) Page Types."
Edit: Confirming hiding Page Types with permissions can "trim" the list. I probably didn't refresh.
Another edit: If I had to revisit this requirement, I'd change "limit" to encourage, similar to how XPM will suggest certain bundles for items. This might include lists like:
- Popular pages for this section (Structure Group)
- Recently used Page Types
- Suggested Page Types
The other Page Types should still be available to XPM users.