This is a follow-up to this question: Component linked to Page Meta is resolved to lowest page ranked inside Structure Group
Are Components referenced by Page Metadata considered in Content Delivery (Dynamic) Component Link resolving? I guess this should assume such Components are dynamically published as well.
I understand dynamic link resolving is based on:
- Template priorities (Never link, low, medium, or high)
- Proximity (Published) Component Presentations embedded in Tridion pages (starting from the source page)
- Uses published date in case of proximity ties
The use case I'm trying to understand is if it's okay to link to "SEO" components referenced in Tridion page metadata.
Update--here's an example content model for clarification:
- Example Page's metadata links to Example "SEO" Component, which is not in part of the page's Component Presentation
- SEO Component details don't matter, but it has a 1:1 relationship to pages
- Link List Components link to one or more Example SEO Component and others
- The Link Lists Component template should (dynamically) present a link to the Page that references the Example SEO Component