I have a sanity check for SmartTarget (ST) trigger types.
For this example (
sc_ua_browser) , if the ST user chooses multiple browsers, I believe the trigger is met and a matching promotion is presented if:
- There's room for the matching region, for selected Publication and Page
- All other triggers match (an "AND" between different triggers)
- But any of these values match (an "OR") (correct?)
<trigger-type url-param="sc_ua_browser" name="Visitor - Browser" basetype="text"> <list-of-values multiselect="true"> <value>Camino</value> <value>Chimera</value> <value>Chrome</value> <value>Communicator</value> <value>Firebird</value> ... <value>Opera</value> <value>Phoenix</value> <value>Safari</value> </list-of-values> </trigger-type>
For #3, the use cases might be:
- Present a ST promotion for certain U.S. States, but a different promotion for other States
- Present ST promotions for a selection of matching values (same promotion for multiple Campaigns, Emails, or anything with a querystring parameter that ends up in the ADF claim store, configured as a ST trigger)
In other words, within the same multiselect ST trigger, the selected options create an OR relationship, right?
This doesn't make sense for triggers that have exclusive options (true vs. false), but those should have