I have been having “Update Preview” issues when making Component Presentation changes on a Page with XPM. I.E. adding/removing Component Presentations or changing the ordering. I have distilled my example down to a simple implementation.
A single Schema with a simple text field. Several Components were created based on this Schema.
A Component Template was created that is:
- linked to this Schema
- uses TBB layout based on the simplest Dreamweaver example found on docs.sdl.com
- uses the SDL Default TBB - Enable inline editing for content
A Page Template (HTML) was created that
- uses a simple Dreamweaver TBB to display all Component Presentations.
- uses the SDL Default TBB - Enable inline editing for Page
A Page based on that Page Template was created with several of the Component/Component Templates defined above included.
Now if I enter XPM and make a layout change (i.e. reorder the Components) I get the following results:
I get two success messages from the CM
- Saving All Changes
- All Changes have been saved
One Warning Message from the CM
- The preview for this Page is not up to date
- Your changes to this Page make an update of the Page preview necessary.
And one message echoed to the browser’s console (with a TCM URI correctly identifying the changed Page)
Can't execute the command "NotifyRequiredRepublishing" on [tcm:84-99892]. Reason: not enabled.
At this point repeated presses of the “Update Page Preview” produce no differences and repeat the Warning message. (However: The Page in the CM has been changed (with the Component Presentations reordered) and the history has increased by a minor version number. If I “Finish editing” and republish my changes are correctly maintained.)
Any help with the updating of the Page preview would be appreciated.