I've already tried renaming a Publication before and after import/export using the Content Porter but every time it shows some kind of error because of the Blueprint hierarchy. Are there any settings I can change in Content Porter during Export or Import?
- Content Porter is really for moving content from one environment to another.
- The challenge with moving items from one publication to another is the dependencies: a component in publication 050 may have a component link to an image that is also in 050. So you have to move the image from 050 to 030, and then move the component.
It's not a perfect solution, but there is a bookmarklet that allows you to copy and paste from one open component to another in the same CME: http://blog.frankmtaylor.com/2015/04/06/copy-and-paste-components-across-publications-in-tridion/
first, drag the the bookmarklet into your bookmarks bar... then:
- Open the component which you want to move
- Open a blank component in the new publication, with the schema set
- In the window with the open component, click the bookmarklet
- in the window with the blank component, click the bookmarklet again
This will not resolve component links (which, again, is why you can't move components up and down the blueprint); it'll only work with text content that doesn't have any component links of any kind.
This was developed and tested on Tridion 2013 SP1 in Google Chrome