I have a 3 machine setup for our Tridion 2013 installation
- Content Management Server
- Staging CD Server (with XPM)
- Live CD Server (no XPM)
These machines have access to 3 database servers respectively
- Content Management Database Server
- Staging Broker Database Server
- Live Broker Database Server
I am now migrating these to SDL Web 8, and I am a bit confused about what is needed where (Do I need one discovery services for each environment?). Could someone confirm or reject my understanding.
NOTE: We do not use monitoring, contextual image delivery, audience manager or UGC.
- On the CM Database server I will install the CM DB and the Topology Manager DB
- I then install the content manager, and run the Topology Manager scripts on the Content Management Server
Staging CD Environment
- I create the Broker Database 3 times (for Discovery, XPM and Content Broker Content) on the Staging Broker DB Server
- I install 5 standalone micro services for Session Enabled Content, Preview, Discovery, Deployment and Cache Channel
Live CD Environment
- I create the Broker Database 2 times (for Discovery, Content Broker Content) on the Staging Broker DB Server
- I install the 4 standalone micro services for Content, Discovery, Deployment and Cache Channel
If this is the case, how does this map to Topology Manager assuming I want to be able to
- Publish to staging and live when I press "Publish to Live"
- Publish to just staging when I press "Publish to Staging"
Thanks in advance for any clarifications