Until recently we were happily translating content from various publications without issue or concern (SDL Tridion 2013 SP1 HR1 // World Server).
We're now seeing that the Tridion Translation Manager appears to be removing the content from the Translatable fields when it localizes; thus sending empty fields to World Server.
Note that the description below is in an environment with no workflow enabled (and the related event system code not enacted) - the initial occurrence lead to a thorough investigate down that path already :(
The schema has the following fields flagged as translatable:
The following is the XML of the Component in the EN level (the source for the translation)
<alert xmlns="uuid:2d8de34f-ed76-4c6c-a622-30bedd5bd7c8"> <alertTitle xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="tcm:740-24958-1024" xlink:title="Alert">Alert</alertTitle> <message>I am an alert message - test tr-msa-042</message> <linkText>and some linktext too - test tr-msa-042</linkText> </alert>
When the translation is selected, the following is the XML for the localized component at the ES level (the target for the translation)
<alert xmlns="uuid:2d8de34f-ed76-4c6c-a622-30bedd5bd7c8"> <alertTitle xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="tcm:740-24958-1024" xlink:title="Alert">Alert</alertTitle> <message></message> <linkText></linkText> </alert>
Note the empty nodes - interestingly, one of these is mandatory and still cleared out!
- that if I localize the ES level content first the same results occur
- the user(s) I've tried running the service as have Impersonation Rights in the snap-in.
- The Tridion Translation Service was running as NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService but I've also tried with an admin user with similar rights as MTSUser.
My next path to investigate is permissions in the CM but as these are 'hidden' users I wouldn't expect anything to have changed in the SBX and have been informed there's been no changes in UAT/PRD.
I don't see anything in the logs - perhaps I'm missing a log file to look into?
In answer to comments form Lars: I've also confirmed
- The file sent to WorldServer does not contain the text from the source component - I see the empty nodes, using the example above
- When the item is localized and check out the content remains as expected.
- WorldServer returns items as empty - it also shows a zero word count in the WS GUI