I'm upgrading Tridion 2011 SP1 to SDL Web 8. I've done following steps.
- Copy DBs to new server and upgrade them.
- Newly install CMS(SDL Web 8) to new server, not upgrade Tridion 2011 SP1 itself.
- Setting up Topology Manager.
When publish pages and components, following operations are required.
- Because Web site will be migrated to new Web/App server, we have to publish pages and components which had been published to current Tridion 2011 environment.
- Because Tridion_cm DB is copied, pages and components which had been published are marked as "Published", even though those are not published to new SDL Web 8 environment. So it's required to remove the old publish status.
I'm planning following procedure to achieve those requirements.
- Publish pages and components which are marked as "Published" to new environment one by one.
- Remove old publish status by "Clear-TcmPublicationTarge" command.
In this situation, is above procedure good?
Are there another procedure?
Publishing pages and components one by one is time consuming and not accurate(there's a risk to miss to publish items). So is it possible to do this work programmatically?