Recently we upgraded Tridion 2011 to Web 8.5. After migrartion we found the old Publication Targets are still there. So using the Powershell script
Clear-TcmPublicationTarget I tried to decommision the old Publication Target, but I got some time out error.
When I tried to delete the Publication Target from Publishing Management UI, I got one error related to the
I opened the DB and checked the script, which takes
Publication Target Id as input and deletes the some records related to particlar
Publication Target Id.
I executed the stored procedure from database with the Target ID and it took some 8-10 minutes to finish. After that when I tried to delete the Publication Target, it succesfully worked.
So my concern is, if it is safe to execute the stored procedure manually for removing the Publication Target.