Due to recent LOB (Line of Business) separation we need to move the CMS content of particular LOB to all new CMS installation. Additional details are below:
- Current CMS is holding content for 3 to 4 websites.
- Websites Pages are created in their dedicated Publication.
- Content is also created in dedicated website Publication.
- Schema/Template (design) is shared across different websites.
- All website are running on individual servers. e.g. Australia site on Australia based server, Canada site on Canada based server, so no migration required on Delivery server (Upload and Delivery)
We need guidance on taking correct approach. The approaches we are thinking about are:
- CMS database copy: This approach is comparatively easy, but It will copy the Content, Users, Custom Pages of other websites as well.
After DB copy I think we will not be able to delete the unwanted Pages as they will have status as published.
- Content Port: As we are not moving Content Delivery we may have to publish all Pages, and for each item we may have multiple entries in DB (as TCM will be changed), this may break working website as well. So we think this is not an approach.
So in DB copy how can we ignore other LOB/Websites content?