In our Tridion 2013 sp1 environment we have the following issue. Our publish transactions were stuck on publish state 'Ready for transport'.
I checked the logs and I found the following in the core log:
I also found the
.ezl20ck in the
Tridion\bin folder. I removed the file but it kept coming back. I checked all licenses but they seems to be ok.
The most weird thing is that I restarted the services several times (publisher service, service host and com+). After restarting the transport services it started to work again (publish actions got status success). But the lock file is still there.
I am really curious why the lock file is there, because I think it has to do with the publishing issues (which are now solved) but I am afraid it can happen again.