Originally this was titled "Tridion Experience Manager New Page Error". We've now determined that new pages are not created in XPM because Tridion requests them as http instead of https.
Steps to produce my issue:
- I navigate to a page
- I click "new page"
- I select page type
- I fill in page name, and file name
- I click "create page"
In Tridion Web 8.5:
The page "loading icon" spins for approximately 2 minutes. Then I get the following message:
However, the page has been created in the CME:
The error message "carousel is not a function" displays before I went through these steps.
Tridion 8.5 With Hotfixes
After step 5, I only see the loading icon. It never goes away. And the browser console shows this:
The following microservices are HTTPS:
- Audience Manager
- Experience Optimization Management
- Experience Optimization Query
- Session Content
- Session Preview
The following Microservices are not HTTPS:
(We get publishing errors every time we try to make the deployer https)
I can log in to the CMS, and my web browser shows that the CMS is properly https. However, I don't see any https bindings in
Sites/ Topology Manager:
Topology manager shows the sites as both https and http. However, When we go into the "Sites" tab, the urls displayed are http:
Summary of Issue(s)
XPM without hotfixes
- none of the setup details mentioned above apply here, but...
- takes forever,
- and shows an error that a duplicate page was created.
- The definitely-not-a-duplicate page displays in the CME.
XPM with hotfixes
- takes less than forever,
- it only shows the loading icon,
- gets a "blocked loading mixed content" message in the browser console,
- and publishes the page.
What we've Done:
We've gone through the following in our QA environment (which has hotfixes):
- Gone through the configuration of every.single.microservice to make sure they're set up properly.
- Installed session-aware microservice instead of regular content service.
- Made all of our microservices secure.
- Reviewed Topology manager. All of our sites were set up to use both http and https.
With all of these things in our QA environment, we still have the issue. Below is a console log of the XHR requests happening during page creation. We still get a "Blocked Loading Mixed Active Content" error in the console.
if we disable browser security, we can created a page. So we know that it has specifically to do with the fact that Tridion is requesting a page as HTTP instead of HTTPS. What can we do to resolve this?
Tridion Tries to load pages as http, even though:
- Tridion is HTTPS in the browser
- The webpages it tries to load are HTTPS
It's like Tridion doesn't know it's supposed to load an https page as https: