I'm interested in the following (similarities and differences between the old and the new architecture). Some are out of pure curiosity, whilst others I need because of some business requirements:
- Is this correct: the pipelines are executed top to bottom and if the current publish action (publish/unbpublish) does not match a given
Actionit is skipped?
- Can a
Stepcontain multiple Modules?
- What is the role of the
Stepsnode, just a container element?
- Why is the Processor entity removed, and what is its new "counterpart", what fulfils the same role? Am I right in guessing that this was removed because of the new architecture and the plans for merging the Docs publishing?
- The documentation for extending the Content Deployer only mentions Modules whilst earlier Processors could also be customized. Is the counterpart entity not extensible or is it again a "semi-public" -* extension point?
- The reference section in the online docs mentiones only 3 of the possibilities for the
Verbattribute. Why aren't all of them documented? Additionally, what is the purpose of the
Verb? They somewhat remind me of the
Phaseattribute of the old Processors, is this comparison valid?
- When an error occurs and a
RetryStepis defined, does it simply go to the referenced pipeline + step, retry, and continue where it left off (after the retry point), or does it execute everything again in between the retry point and the referenced ids in the retry point?
*- "technically speaking public APIs, but they are intentionally kept a bit under the radar, because they are considered “advanced” customizations (not expected to be needed for typical use cases)"