We've noted some odd behaviour when using Translation Manager to send jobs to TMS. This is the simplified blueprint:
- 200 Global EN (id 234)
- 400 Local EN-RU (id 262)
- 500 Translation RU-RU (id 279)
400 Local EN-RU is set as a source publication and 500 Translation RU-RU a target publication for Translation Manager purposes - we're using SDL TMS for translation.
What we've noticed is the following:
- Created global English components at 200 Global EN. These are at v1.
- Localised these components at 400 Local EN-RU. Update a localised component so it was at v2.
- Created a bundle at 400 Local EN-RU. Added all (v1 & v2) localised components. Send that bundle for translation.
- When we look in TMS we can see filenames for components. The localised v2 components have the 400 Local EN-RU publications id in the filename, e.g. tcm_262-224386_Test.cmp - but the localised v1 components have the parent publication id in the filename are actually from the parent publication 200 Global EN, e.g. tcm_234-224386_Test.cmp despite being localised!
This seems like a bug - why is Translation Manager ignoring the localised v1 component at 400 Local EN-RU and sending the parent 200 Global EN content instead - except for when the component is v2?