I need a small help with core service related issue:
So I got a Tridion Web 8.5 Core Service Wrapper (A WCF service) and a Sample .NET application (a simple ASPX page) testing various methods of it on
wsHttp binding. so here is what I got:
- I run the WCF service and .NET app on my local machine; WCF service is pointing to Tridion on Server X - It works as expected
- I put the WCF service on a Server Y and keep the .NET app on my local machine; WCF service is still pointing to Tridion on Server X - It works as expected
- I put the WCF service on Server X, .NET app on my local machine; WCF service points to the Tridion on Server X - IT DOES NOT WORK
- I put .NET App, WCF service on Server X along with Tridion; WCF service points to the Tridion on it - IT ALSO DOES NOT WORK
The error I am getting is:
The request for security token could not be satisfied because authentication failed
SecurityNegotiationException: The caller was not authenticated by the service
Debugging shows this is happening while creating
SessionAwareCoreService client using Channel Factory - the Client created successfully, but when try to "Open" the client or perform any core service call, the exception occur
Following is what all I have tried (but did not work):
- Double checked the network credentials are been passed and are correct while creating the core service client (the same is working when WCF service is deployed somewhere else)
- Tried localhost references to Tridion, WCF service etc.
- Tried HTTPS with a valid SSL certificate
- Tried with host headers for .NET app and WCF service with same DNS
- Tried different Security Modes while creating client including "None"
- Ensure browser internet security is at "Medium"
I don't want to run it on "net.tcp". any help or thought is appreciated