On Tridion 2013, sometimes publishing stops, which means all publishing queues end in failed state.
Content Deployer doesn't output any ERROR log. Content Deployer service doesn't stop(status is in 'started'), but it doesn't work.
Transporter output following message to log file while this problem is occuring.
2020-01-25 14:55:51,113 INFO DestinationControllerSlotChecker - Maximum window size was exceeded, stopping transaction 2020-01-25 14:55:51,113 INFO TransportService - Can transport for transaction: tcm:0-6367467-66560 is : false 2020-01-25 14:55:51,113 INFO TransportService - Maximum window size was exceeded on destinations, throttling transport 2020-01-25 14:55:51,113 INFO DestinationControllerSlotChecker - Maximum window size was exceeded, stopping transaction
Both Conent Deployer and Transporter is on Windows Server(Separeted machine).
What is possible cause of this problem?
How can I prevent this problem occuring?
I add some brief information.
- When this problem occurs, lots of publishing queues stuck in 'throttled' status.
- This problem occurs when many items are published(about 100,000 items).
When this problem occurs, following procedure soloves the problem.
- Stop Content Deployer.
- Remove files in 'incoming' directory of Content Deployer.
- Start Content Deployer.
- Stop Transporter and Publisher
- Remove transport files.
- Start Transporter and Publisher
After this procedure is done, publishing same items succeeds. Specific item doesn't always cause this problem.
- My Content Deployer and Publisher's configuration is following.
- Number of threads for deploying=1
- Number of threads for rendering=4
Is there any idea to improve configuration to prevent this problem?
I think Content Deployer worker is too few, publishing transaction's status will be 'throttled'. So Content Deployer is larger(20) than Publisher's threads(4).