I'd like to clarify what are the minimum things to restart when making changes to a Translation Manager integration, with WorldServer, for example, for two types of changes:
- Updates to TranslationManager.xml
- Changes in the translation management system (e.g. WorldServer) such as new client and project types
In a recent setup I've seen the following.
Restarting the Translation Manager service and Content Manager Service Host seemed to make the WorldServer (WS) option available in Tridion Sites, after WS was set up.
To make WS changes (new client and project type) appear in the Sites Translation Manager settings, we:
- Cleared browser cache and also tried a different browser to be sure
- Restarted Translation Manager service
- Restarted COM+ just in case
- When changing TranslationManager.xml, should we restart the Translation Manager service?
- Should the Content Manager Service host also be restarted for config changes?
- What's the minimum needed to see changes from WorldServer in the Tridion Sites Publication properties?
- Will changes eventually be picked up in the Tridion GUI on its own (does Translation Manager check for changes automatically)?
I'm asking to help clarify what might be cached changes (browser vs. service) in the Translation Manager integration and for tips for future configurations.