Tridion Sites 9.6 introduces an out-of-the-box (OOTB) Content Delivery search.
What would be needed to add the OOTB CD search functionality to a DXA 2.2 implementation?
For comparison, the (I believe SI4T-based) DXA search module has the following steps per the documentation.
- Configure search provider
- Install search module on the Content Manager
- Install search module on the .NET or Java application
- Configure search in the Content Manager (set index URLs for Staging and Live)
- Configure Search Query URL in Topology Manager
For OOTB CD search, I think DXA would need:
- Installation and configuration for the search "engine" (Elastic)
- Tridion Sites-specific configuration updates as part of the upgrade or install (deployer?)
- Application code to handle the search requests and desired behavior (what results to show, how many to return, type-ahead, highlighting, edge cases, etc.).
I understand that for OOTB CD search the application should use the GraphQL-based Content Delivery API, right?