I'm troubleshooting a Session Preview issue in Experience Manager for an ASP.NET training site (IIS 7.5).
- Site.Master includes:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles1.css" />
- CSS is managed as a code component as a CP on a Tridion Page.
- Session Preview serves the wrong MIME type.
- No error if CSS is on the file system.
- Session Preview works in Chrome and Firefox, however the page in **IE 10 (Standards mode) lacks styles.
- Console shows:
SEC7113: CSS was ignored due to mime type mismatch styles1.css
Background and attempted fixes:
- The cross-site security error is expected for "mixed content" and MSDN describes "SEC7113" explains the content type should be
- I checked the Preview site's IIS settings which already had
text/cssfor CSS MIME type.
How do I make this setup work?
Update 1: viewing the CSS in IE directly opens the file, but gives:
HTML1527: DOCTYPE expected. The shortest valid doctype is "
<!DOCTYPE html>". styles1.css, line 1 character 1
Update 2: Moving the CMS site in the browser to the recommended Local Intranet zone and following the docs accidentally turned on Compatibility Mode. IE 10 loses focus after logging in.