I am getting a freak issue with Content Porter 2009 SP1 in my SDL Tridion 2011 SP1 environment.
I am trying to download the Content Porter from the Content Manager Explorer (from the Tools menu) in Internet Explorer (from the same environment I have downloaded the Content Porter and Template builder a number of times and few months ago). However, this time I am getting the error - "Can not retrieve Application. Authorization error" as shown below:
The error in the log shows:
System.Net.WebException - The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. - Source: System - Stack trace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
Does anyone faced this issue and know the root cause?
What I have investigated so far:
- The user with which I am trying to download is a System Admin
- Authentication Mode of SDL Tridion CM and Import Export Service in IIS is set to Anonymous - however, even changing it to Windows Authentication does not work
- Tried downloading on multiple machines including CM Server but all are giving the same error
- On other machines, where Content Porter is already installed, With the same user I can successfully do the export and import - On remote machines as well as on the CM server
- Tried with other browsers (FireFox and Chrome) - They do not give Authorization error but throws "Can not download the application.." error as shown below:
- If instead of downloading from the CME, I copy the Content Porter executable from the CM server and install it on machine, it get installed successfully and and allow me to do the Export/Import correctly.