I'm trying to understand the the Context Engine Cartridge and Wrapper features built on ADF. Here's research and questions on how to manage the relationship between claims, device families, and XPM preview features.
- The ADF (requires login) explain claims deal with Web server data along with explicit) data from Audience Manager. The specific default claims are listed as well. Since we can set up additional claims, then this could include any other data an organization has on a given visitor, right?
- The Context Engine Cartridge adds a
Context Mapof property-value pairs as additional claims, specifically aspects for: Browser, Device, and OS.
- The Context Engine Cartridge wrapper groups devices into families.
Let me know if I misinterpret these relationships. The docs mention Footprints map to ADF keys. How are keys related to claims?
Device Preview and the Footprint Questions
- Configure Device Families. Could I manage these in Tridion and publish to the device family config (any server restarts needed--are changes automatic)?
- Device Features Instead of Families? Could a device family be focused on a feature? I'd like to collect devices that are (for example) touch-enabled. Would this make sense?
- For "click trail," is that something I could "fake" with a Footprint (change the footprint to make Staging think I clicked on a set of sites)?