To be honest, I have not tested it - but this code has worked with no changes since 2009 GA, and given I use only public APIs I strongly doubt it will break in any way.
Give it a try and let us know? I'll gladly look into fixing it if needed, but again I strongly doubt it's broken.
PS: I also didn't test it for 2009 SP1, 2011 GA, 2011 SP1 or 2013 GA, and it does work on those versions...
PPS: I assumed you were upgrading to 2013 SP1, but I realize now that's not clear from your question. I have used the DGX on 2013 GA with no issues, and I'm pretty confident it will work on SP1 for the reasons mentioned above.
I went ahead and tried deploying the DGX on a new 2013 GA instance (didn't have an SP1 instance at hand). These are the steps I followed and it worked perfectly.
- Download the DGX from Tridion World
- Unblock the zip file (open properties, click unblock)
- Drag-and-drop the binary dll into c:\windows\assembly
- Add the required
functionSource configuration to Tridion.ContentManager.Config
- Try using it
I did not need to recompile it.
I didn't have to restart anything because I had not yet loaded anything in Tridion, so when I opened my browser and went to Tridion it loaded the new configuration. I could preview and publish with no errors.
I think step #2 is going to keep on biting people forever.