Given: trying to fix XPM in existing installation (means: configuring anew is not currently an option).
Clicking [Update Session Preview] after considerable timeout gives an error notification in CME:
Unable to update or add Binaries using OData Service. An error occurred while processing this request. [..] Unable to read session data!
In cd_core*.log it corresponds to the following excerpt:
Caused by: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_PREVIEW_SESSION_ITEMS_SESSIONS". The conflict occurred in database "*broker_db_em*", table "dbo.PREVIEW_SESSIONS", column 'PREVIEW_SESSION_ID'.
Did so far:
- Checked that a relevant configuration files match between website and webservice
- Experimented with <Timeout> parameter of the Wrapper config
- Found out that exactly the same error can be forced manually by trying to INSERT into PREVIEW_SESSION_ITEMS when parent record in PREVIEW_SESSIONS doesn't exist.
The last point gives a hint that somehow PREVIEW_SESSIONS table is cleared asynchronously while PREVIEW_SESSION_ITEMS is still being populated. But i wasn't able to find what causes the former table to be truncated.
Thus my question: what is the possible cause of this error?
- Incorrect configuration
- Products version mismatch
- Something else environment-specific.
Any clue or possible direction? Thanks!