I'm working on an otherwise difficult implementation of SI4T, which includes Tridion 2011 and SOLR 4.8. After finishing setup and configuration, the deployer successfully starts; only problem is my page publishes keep failing. Sadly, we're also in the midst of running upgrades on the WebSphere server that hosts the deployer, so I don't have access to the full logs; only what I get from the publishing queue failures. I've included my cd_storage_conf.xml file as well.
In determining which libraries from the SI4T Github lists to use, I took the approach of grabbing all of the Tridion 2011 libraries except those that referenced SOLR, Lucene, or Tika. Those I pulled from the Tridion 2013 library list. Without the full log file, however, I'm only guessing that the issue is likely a library mismatch.
The error message:
No Data Access Object Factory for abcdeployerdb. Check if the default file system is properly defined and ItemTypes defaultStorageId is correct.
UPDATE 26 Nov @ 12.04p: See my answer below. A new, more targeted question has been posted: SI4T: Commit failed after getSolrServer.