I've got a coreservice application that is failing on a production machine with the following error:
The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:01:00'.
It works perfectly in my development environment :(
The exception details are:
Server stack trace: at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.ReadCore(Byte buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean closing) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SocketConnection.Read(Byte buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection connection, ArraySegment`1 preamble, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection connection, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.CallOnceManager.CallOnce(TimeSpan timeout, CallOnceManager cascade) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EnsureOpened(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object ins, Object outs, TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
I've completed the steps in the following questions here, and this isn't fixing my issue:
I've also tried upping my config to insane timeout amounts, for example 5 hours, but the error is thrown as soon as i hit the page.
I've check the ServiceHost is working, rebooted the machine, sworn at my keyboard.
Has anyone any advice to help me fix this issue, or help debug further?
I'm seeing in the Tridion event log a security issue (it doesn't seem massively related, but a lot of passwords expired on the server recently, which makes me suspect there may be some relation):
Unable to get list of SDL Tridion Content Manager items. You do not have permission to perform this action.
Error Code: 0x80040242 (-2147220926)
Call stack: Tridion.ContentManager.Security.AuthorizationManager.AssertAccessOnOrganizationalItemContents(OrganizationalItemData,Permissions,Rights) Tridion.ContentManager.ContentManagement.OrganizationalItem.GetListItemsData(OrganizationalItemItemsFilter) Tridion.ContentManager.ContentManagement.OrganizationalItem.GetListItemsStream(OrganizationalItemItemsFilter) Tridion.ContentManager.BLFacade.ContentManagement.OrganizationalItemFacade.GetListItemsXml(UserContext,String,ListFilter,ListColumnFilter) Tridion.ContentManager.BLFacade.ContentManagement.OrganizationalItemFacade.GetListData(UserContext,String,EnumListKind,ListColumnFilter,String) Category.GetListItems