I got rid of that error from the logs by adding the TokenService back to the cd_client_conf.xml on the webapp side.
<TokenService ClientId="clientID" ClientSecret="encrypted:password"/>
This seems like a bug with DXA where even after you have the oAuth disabled, you need the token service tag with client id and client secret in the webapp. For some ...
The Component content is stored in XML format in the DB.
If you update a schema XML name then the XML for that component no longer maps to that new field.
You can synchronize the content against the updated schema.  
If you're not allowed to do that, then you could create a new field and write something to copy the content of the original field (...
This is a bug with DXA 2.0 release - see https://github.com/sdl/dxa-content-management/issues/14. The issue has been closed, as there has been a fix made, but this is post 2.0. You will either have to upgrade your TBBs to DXA 2.1, or bake your own TBBs containing the (simple) code fix: https://github.com/sdl/dxa-content-management/pull/15
After doing a lot of trial and error, I was finally able to cache my object. Here are my findings for anyone trying to implement caching in DXA. These are not specific to DXA but common for Springs+EHCache.
@EnableCaching annotation on your context configuration class,
provide appropriate cache manager beans,
separate service bean into interface and ...
Yes. It's good to apply and important to understand the new changes and fixes included in the hotfix.
@Rick Pannekoek did a great presentation about "Beyond SDL Tridion Sites DXA 2.0" and explained about this Hotfix releases of DXA 2.0 changes.
DXA Model Service "in-process"
Much better performance using in-process CD APIs instead of CIL
No HTTP/OData (...
Found the problem, an extra UrlBasedViewResolver bean is in place with viewClass JstlView and order 5. Because of this new UrlBasedViewResolver the BeanNameViewResolver is never reached. This is why we get HTTP Status 404 – Not Found.
change the mapping of the jsp servlet to /WEB-INF/Views/* so that the JSP servlet is only used for views, and leaves all other requests for the dispatcher servlet.
update the web.xml on webapp level
Try enabling these following properties in dxa.properties file
#adf.context.provider - Activates ADF instead of Context Service for context claims.
ADF is needed for XPM Session Preview, Experience Optimization and Context Expressions. Values: [true, false]:
The issue here was that the content was being cached at multiple locations and so the services and the webapp needed a proper restart and in the correct order. We are using JMS for the CD services so here is the order in which we restarted and it worked
JMS Caching services
DXA Model service
I was getting issues because i was not using dynamic documentation module here,
And this is Tridion docs implementation so after addition ofdynamic documentation moduler and update of few references to dynamic documentation module classes now I am able to get the pagemodel object.
I was able to fix this problem by updating jackson apis to version 2.10.0, previously it was refering to version 2.8.10
jacksonversion = '2.10.0'
The DXA Resolver uses a non-standard logging mechanism which can be activated by setting an environment variable called DXA_LOGGING with the path of the log file.
In my understanding, DXA caches the resources (jsons and other files) on the filesystem of the webserver. By doing an admin/refresh you instruct the application to reload those resources from the DB. But, this is not a global operation, it only applies to that specific server. Having that in mind, the most straight forward solution is to call the admin/...
You cannot prevent an exception or error being thrown by the application for pages or items that does not exist. However, you can customize the error message or throw errors differently to create a better user experience.
You can look through the example for DXA 1.4. It should be pretty similar to the DXA version that you are using, though.
The other way ...
DXA offers 2 OOTB ways of generating the sitemap, static and dynamic. You can read more here.
Now depending on which type you use, the default one is static, you will have to do different actions. Either adjust the numeric prefixes or adjust the taxonomy and keywords used by pages.
Yes, but you will have to custom code this yourself and since you want this ...
The Component Link doesn’t get resolved (to a Page URL) because of setting dxa.defaults.rich-text-resolve=false.
If that setting is changed to true, the DXA Model Service will resolve Component Links to Page URL, assuming the linked Component is on a published Page. If not, hyperlinks in Rich Text are suppressed (i.e. the HTML a tag is removed).
Note that the img XHTML element is supposed to be converted to an Entity Model (MediaItem-derived) which in turn should get rendered to HTML (using an appropriate View).
From what you are showing, it seems that the MediaItem-derived Entity Model is properly constructed (class Image), but it is not properly rendered as HTML, but instead its toString ...