The event system allows one or more .NET classes to subscribe to and act upon Publishing, BluePrint or Data Modification events.
Questions about creating and modifying code to subscribe to and act upon custom events should have the event-system tag.
Here are five starting points for learning about and using the 2011 event system:
- SDL Tridion 2011 .NET events from SDL's site
- Tridion Event System 2011 from curlette.com
- SDL Tridion Event System NEwbie Perspective from the Alvin Reye's SDL Tridion Developer blog
- Setup SDL Tridion 2011 Event system in a nutshell from Elena Serghie's blog
- Event Systems in SDL Tridion 2011 from Julian Wraith's blog