8

In SDL Tridion 2013 (SP1), the same error persists when you try to send the same structured content via the Translation Plugin. To fix (in Translation Manager) we used the hotfix TT87682 part of the TM package here. We successfully content port our content, with this same scenario - our versions are: from SDL Tridion SP1 HR1 to SDL Tridion SP1 using ...


7

Actually it was a slightly silly one :( The licence file for the cloned server was missing a licence for Audience Manager. Steps to investigate: Tried starting all Tridion Outbound E-mail services and got an issue while starting "Tridion Outbound E-mail Synchronization" Went to Event Viewer and had a look in the Tridion error event log Saw the error ...


6

Yes, the function is available if you are on Tridion 2013 or later version of Tridion. The function is SynchronizeWithSchemaAndUpdate. There is one nice article by Eric for using this functionality from core service: Synchronize components If you are using 2011 then there should be power tools for it, details are given here: Synchronize Component in ...


5

The Component content is stored in XML format in the DB. If you update a schema XML name then the XML for that component no longer maps to that new field[1]. You can synchronize the content against the updated schema. [2] [3] If you're not allowed to do that, then you could create a new field and write something to copy the content of the original field (...


5

I can only think of two reasons why they would not show up in the Administration tab: You do not have a valid Audience Manager license. Audience Manager was not installed. Listed in order of likelihood :)


3

Unfortunately some of the flags are "destructive", meaning they can turn perfectly valid XML into invalid XML. The following flags should be safe: SynchronizeFlags.ApplyDefaultValuesForMissingMandatoryFields | SynchronizeFlags.Basic | SynchronizeFlags.ConvertFieldType | SynchronizeFlags.FixNamespace | SynchronizeFlags.RemoveAdditionalValues | ...


2

Have a look at the SynchronizeFlags enum. You're using synchronizeFlags.All and that does more than you need to get valid content. For example: putting default values in optional fields. That is exactly what the TM hotfix is about: avoid the use of SynchronizeFlags.All, but only use the flags that will fix validation issues.


2

I have tried and tested the above scenario just now and I can see the component synchronization happening successfully. I further tried couple of more scenarios in the embedded schema and schema fields and all seems to be working fine. So to answer your question - This is not a bug in the API. Just to get more knowledge, can you double check or may be ...


2

Definitely, there is a way to achieve this, but before you do that change you need to be very careful about your data. I will suggest while doing that change in the lower environment analyze it properly and then only go ahead - Here are the steps - You need to update the Root Element Name of the Embeddable Schema that you're using. You need to update the ...


2

There are two approaches that can be used: Write a GUI extension to look for the field and perform the action of check / un-check based on it. You can refer to the following link to find out the field that you are looking for (like website and expand) and then you can attach event to website field based on which you can check or uncheck expand field. ...


1

In general, (XML) Schemas have a so-called Namespace URI which also affects the Components based on the Schema. In Tridion, this Namespace URI is a property of a Schema. You cannot edit it directly, but it is obtained from the XSD. The default Namespace URI for newly created Schemas is a UUID (to ensure it is distinct from any other Schema). The reason for ...


1

I was able to successfully update the root element name of the existing embedded schema and I would like to mention below all the steps I took. I hope this will help. There was not data loss when i followed the steps below. Open the main schema and copy paste the source to notepad ++ (Save this as you will need it again). Remove the field from main ...


1

Adding to Hiren's answer, If you want to address the core issue with out any extension and want an OOB solution, I would suggest the following: Add metadata to the country keywords and in the metadata, add the field “Expand”. Set the default value for expand there for that particular country. Keep the “Expand” field in the component, in case you want to ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible