This issue was because of missing versions from the Translated component. We recently performed a purge of our Tridion environments, and when trying to promote the component we saw an error in the Event Viewer that mentions it could not find a version of the translated component that had been purged.
To fix this, we un-localized the translated component, ...
You are doing an upgrade from 2013 to 8.5 so that means that all your custom assemblies must also be upgraded. What it means is that they (in their implementation reference 2013 dlls.) So you need to update each of those to use 8.5 dlls, and reupload them in Tridion.TBBFrameworkBuildingBlock is an example of custom assembly your team created. :D
Well, I did some PoC in the past on this topic, you can read more about this, and to answer your question YES, you can have PCA api working with WEB 8.5.
You need to follow below steps.
Create new Broker and state_store DB with Tridion Sites 9 DB scripts.
Install Sites 9 Discovery,Deployer and Content service.
Create new Topology Type and mappings and map ...
By simply looking at the code I have a gut feeling that the itemWebdavOrTcmUri
is your issue, cause if it really can be an Item Webdav Url OR a TcmUri, you need to know which it is.
TcmUri.IsValidUri() should tell you if your variable, itemWEbDavOrTcmUri is a URI, in which case you can't append to the publication webdav url and expect the result to be a ...
AFAIK - and I can say officially it is not supported and tested, but I can’t think of anything which would break it. this is all unofficial
As long as you don’t have SmartTarget in there, as in 8.5 SmartTarget was the Fredhopper version.
From Sites 9.0 - officially we support CM's first upgrades.
On the positive side, the java version on 8.5 and 11.0 ...
The issue here was that the content was being cached at multiple locations and so the services and the webapp needed a proper restart and in the correct order. We are using JMS for the CD services so here is the order in which we restarted and it worked
JMS Caching services
DXA Model service
I’ve had a problem in the past with Tridion putting ‘-v0’ on the end of tcmIds when the item it checked-out (even if it’s an old schema with a long version history). I suspect that this is a bug in the product.
Can you make sure that the schema is checked in and try again?
This may be a red herring, but I lost hours to it, so thought it was worth ...
Issue is resolved after removing the app_id "http://www.sdl.com/tridion/SemanticMapping/typeof"
Use provided Powershell commandlet to remove the app_id, for example:
remove-tcmapplicationData -TcmApplicationIds http://www.sdl.com/tridion/SemanticMapping/typeof
Note that those Stack Traces provide a lot of valuable information to analyze where the problem lies. See also https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/sdl-tridion-dx/tridion-sites/b/blog-posts/posts/digital-forensics-based-on-a-stack-trace
In this particular case, the exception occurs when parsing XML in Sdl.Web.Tridion.Templates.PublishMappings....
From the error message/stack trace you posted, it looks like this assembly is missing
Could not load file or assembly 'HP.Common,...
This means that a dll HP.Common can not be found on the CM server where you are trying to run the TBB code.
Most likely, this dll should be added to the GAC. Can you check if you can locate this dll in the 2013 environment ...
The problem seems to be that your schemas.json is incomplete.
In DXA 1.7, the semantic mapping was refactored (in order to introduce refrofit mode). As part of that refactoring, mapping of embedded fields was changed. Since DXA 1.7, you should see multiple semantics for embedded fields in schemas.json: one representing the embedded schema and one ...