I'm upgrading Tridion 2011 SP1 to SDL Web 8.
My plan is following.
- Copy DBs to new server and upgrade them.
- Newly install CMS(SDL Web 8) to new server, not upgrade Tridion 2011 SP1 itself.
- Setting up Topology Manager.
- Publish pages to a new Web server
After doing those steps, CMS and Web site works fine, but a problem about publish status occurs. Because DB was copied, pages which are published at old environment's publish status is "published", even if those are not published to new Web server.
I think delete all data from CM DB's table "PUBLISH_STATES" and "PUBLISH_TRANSACTIONS" and publish all pages is possible, but delete data from DB manually is risky.
- Is there any way to solve this problem without deleting data manually?
- Is it no problem to unpublish pages from publication targets which are moved from old environment?
- If delete data manually, which data have to be deleted?