I have set up SDL Web8 (CMS, CD) on two different machine in following way.
I have Server0[for databases], Server1[Setup 1#] and Server2[Setup 2#].
- Created databases for “cm”, “topology”, “broker”, and “experience” in Server0 for both Server1 and Server2.
- Installed SDL Web8 CMS, Content Delivery on Server1 using databases created in Server0.
- Publishing is working fine to broker1, webapplication1 is running fine in Server1.
- Everything is working amazing.
- Then created Server2 by cloning Server1 machine.
- Created separate set of databases again for “cm”, “topology”, “broker”, and “experience” in Server0.
- CMS and Content Delivery in cloned in Server2, are customized to use these newly created set of databases in Server0.
- Publishing is working fine to broker2, Webapplication2 is running in Server2.
I realized both Server1 and Server2 are using same topology Manager Database but working fine. But in future PowerShell command for 1 may impact other as well.
I am not able to figure out a way to change the topology database. Please suggest a way to change the Database for one of these? Thanks.