As a follow-up to "How to Allow Keyboard Shortcuts to Navigate CME Drop-down Menus" I can see "navigate-by-first-letter" working nicely in SDL Tridion 2013's Content Manager Explorer (CME).
In IE 10 (10.0.9200.16660 / Update Versions: 10.0.8), I had the following strange behavior, which turned out to be a Compatibility View Setting (answer below).
- Pressing a starting letter not in the list will select the next item (even if the letter did not match)
- Pressing a starting letter in the list multiple times will loop through each item, but then select the next item in the list as well
- Pressing other characters also changed the dropdown
Chrome and Firefox acted as I’d expect:
- Pressing a letter not in the list will leave the same item selected
- Pressing a letter multiple times will cycle through all matching items and eventually loop to the first item