Not able to unpublish certain pages from cms, the status is showing success but in CME these are still showing with published icon, so I cannot remove these, please help
There are two possible likely causes for this:
- The Page is still published to another Publishing Target, or
- The Structure Group that the Page is inside is set to not be publishable (or unpublishable!)
As Abdul says, you can check the first of these by checking the
Published to tab of the
Where Used dialogue.
You can check for the second possibility by looking at the
Publishable checkbox against the
Properties of the containing Structure Group. If this is the case, then you'll notice that the Success status appears very quickly in the Publishing Queue against this Page (as it does not try to render or deploy the Page).
Hope this helps.
Besides everything that Jonathan explained, there is still one more option to consider, and that is WHERE PAGE WAS PUBLISHED
What that means is:
- you publish page to target
livein publication A, B and C
- you remove publication B from target
- if you try to unpublish page from all publications, resolver will pick only publications A and C, since they are currently only added to
livetarget. That way your page will indefinitely stay published in publication B on target Live.
To fix this issue, you again need to add publication B to target
Live, unpublish it, and then again remove it. Please check if this is something similar to your situation.