We are planning to automate our test cases used to validate that Tridion CME is functional as usual or not after any upgrade, hotfix or patch installation. We have good count of GUI extensions, customize events system, workflows etc in place. Below are few example test cases –
(1) To verify that workflows are actively running.
(2) Verify if deployer instances are up and running.
(3) Validate that the user is able to perform checkin / checkout / undo checkout / save/save-close /localize /unlocalize etc.
(4) Validate that admin is able to modify the user permissions.
(5) Validate whereused and tridion search is working fine.
(6) Validate our GUI extensions and other customization are functional as usual.
We did some analysis on that and come across below approaches and their challenges –
Approach 1- Selenium IDE for browser automation - it looks that it does not works in case of iframe and Tridion CME screens have good count of Iframe.
Approach 2- Core Service Solution to validate such test cases.
Approach 3- HP UFT automation tool.
Approach 4- PowerShell Script.
If anybody in this community have similar experience please share in detail.
Thanks in advance.